[NTG-context] tcsh

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:53:43 CEST 2005

On 9 juin 2005, at 16:33, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Otared,
>
> that's typical behavior when you used to have a fink installation
> before the upgrade. Somewhere in your profile (I don't use tcsh, so
> I don't know the name of the file), there's a line saying
> "source /sw/bin/init.sh"
> to add fink-specific path-variables. Now /sw is gone, so your shell
> can't execute this command. You'll have to either reinstall fink or
> delete the offending line. And you should probably stop using tcsh,
> bash is the standard with newer versions of OS X.

Hi Thomas and Taco,

Thank you very much for your help. I didn't find the appropriate file
where to cancel the offending line, but I created a directory called
  /sw/bin/
and there I put an empty file called init.sh... Now everything works
with this small trick!
(Actually I do use TeXShop 2.03 and the latest gwTeX).

However I haven't been bold enough to install the latest ConTeXt:
I'll do it later when I am sure nothing is broken in my installation.

Best regards: OK