[NTG-context] Re: ConTeXt tool for enabling comments in PDF ?

Joachim Schlosser news-nospam at schlosser.info
Tue May 31 09:22:07 CEST 2005

> Vit Zyka wrote (long long ago in January):
>> how is that one calculated, imagine that in the %! fields you fill in
>> placeholders like hereshouldgosomemagiccode, then one can run a script
>> over the pdf, calculate that magic, and replace the string; maybe this
>> can be hooked into  xpdflib
> Yes, I agree, postprocessing is possible. But I did not find any digest
> computing alg in the range of C/C++ or Perl. Also do not known links to
> xpdflib.
>
> Vit Zyka

One can sign PDFs with iText (http://itextpdf.sourceforge.net/).
Perhaps this helps a little bit further. I experimented a little bit,
but my knowledge on PDF internas is not yet in a state that allows me
to be quite creative here :-)

Joachim
--
Joachim Schlosser
(The e-mail address is fully repliable.)