[NTG-context] prevent hyphenation

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at lamar.colostate.edu
Fri May 20 05:32:37 CEST 2005

Hi Peter
>===== Original Message From Peter <peter at orgelvlaardingen.nl> =====
>I'm typesetting a text with some citations in nineteenth-century Dutch
>and French, in which I don't want hyphenation. How can this be done?
>
>I now have two macros:
>\def\stophyph{\pretolerance=15000\tolerance=400}
>\def\starthyph{\pretolerance=200\tolerance=400}
>
>At the beginning of every citation I enter \stophyph{} and at the end
>\starthyph{}. But the cited words are still hyphenated.

Here is a better approach:

\setupoutput[pdftex]%

\installlanguage[NH][lefthyphenmin=100,righthyphenmin=100]

\starttext

\language[NH]

\input knuth

\language[en]

\input knuth

Even better, take the definition of [nl] in type-ger.tex and add it to
\installlanguage[NH].

Hans: the following would be nice to have:

\setuplanguage[<name>][hyphenation=off]

>Putting single words in a mbox also doesn't help... ;(

mbox?!? Dost thou blaspheme!?!
:-)

Best
Idris