[NTG-context] replace chapter text by an image, possible ?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu May 19 23:55:26 CEST 2005

VnPenguin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know if it's possible to replace the chapter text by an image ?
> How to do that ? And in this case, how to insert a normal text into
> TOC manually in order to have a normal TOC.
>
> Thank you in advance,

thanks for asking a simple question -)

\useexternalfigure[chapter-1][cow.pdf]
\useexternalfigure[chapter-2][hacker.jpg]

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [command=\MyChapterCommand]

\def\MyChapterCommand#1#2%
   {\externalfigure[chapter-\currentheadnumber][height=5cm]}

\starttext

\chapter{One}
\chapter{Two}

\stoptext

this solution looks wiki-able to me, so ...