[NTG-context] spurious text produced by TABLE

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue May 17 09:12:56 CEST 2005

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Dear posse,
>
> TABLE produces a spurious dot in the following (look closely at the center of
> the big box on the right). How can I get rid of this? If this is a bug, Is
> there a workaround?
>
> Best
> Idris
>
> =============================
> % output=pdf interface=en
>
> \setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
>
> \starttext
>
> \setupfloats[location=middle]
> \placetable
> [here][tab:sciences]{There is a spurious dot in the big box.}
> \starttable{|c|c|c|}
> \HL
> \VL     {test}  \VL \TWO{}     \VL\FR
> \DL[1]          \VL            \VL\DR
> \VL     {test}  \VL \TWO{}     \VL\FR
> \HL
> \stoptable
>
> \stoptext

i really need to reimplement tables -)

patch in core-tab.tex:

\def\!ttuse#1%
   {\ifnum#1>\plusone
      \omit
  \global\TABLEdivisionfalse % added for idris
      \scratchcounter\currentTABLEcolumn                % added
      \advance\scratchcounter #1%                       % added
      \advance\scratchcounter \minusone                 % added
      \ifnum\scratchcounter>\maxTABLEcolumn             % added
        \def\next                                       % added
          {\setTABLEerror\TABLEspanoverflow             % added
           \handleTABLEerror}%                          % added
      \else                                             % added
        \def\next                                       % added
          {\global\advance\currentTABLEcolumn #1%       % added
           \global\advance\currentTABLEcolumn \minusone % added
           \mscount#1%   \mscount is in Plain
           \advance\mscount \minusone
           \advance\mscount \mscount
           \!thLoop
             \ifnum\mscount>\plusone
               \sp at n % from Plain (\span\omit \advance\mscount\m at ne)
           \repeat
           \span}%
      \fi                                                 % added
    \else                                                 % added
      \def\next % conflicts with possible next \omit      % added
        {\global\advance\currentTABLEcolumn \plusone}%    % added
    \fi
    \next}                                                % added

\starttext

\starttable[|c|c|c|c|]
\HL
\VL     {test}  \VL \TWO{}     \VL test \VL\FR
\DL             \DC                     \DL\DR
\VL     {test}  \VL \TWO{}     \VL test \VL\LR
\HL
\stoptable