[NTG-context] Recomputing useMPgraphic in footers

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon May 9 22:32:30 CEST 2005

David Antos wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> I have
>
> \defineoverlay[Wave][\useMPgraphic{Wave}]
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{Wave}
> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> \setupbackgrounds[footer][text][background={Wave}]
>
> The problem is that the graphics is not re-computed on every page,
> although I pretty convinced it should.
>
> On the opposite, when I set
> \setupbackgrounds[text][text][background={Wave}]
> it works perfectly well. (The difference is in [footer] vs. [text].)
>
> An ugly workaround is to call \setupbackgrounds on every page, but it's
> not nice at all. What went wrong?

as already mentioned (by taco): \setupbackgrounds[state=repeat]

only page and text area backgrounds are recalculated each page (otherwise the
speed penalty is too big]

an option is to do something:

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=PageBackground]
\defineoverlay[PageBackground][\reuseMPgraphic{PageBackground}]

\startreusableMPgraphic{PageBackground}
   StartPage ;
     fill Field[Text][Footer] withcolor red ;
   StopPage ;
\stopreusableMPgraphic

(see metafun manual for details on the page stuff)