[NTG-context] inmarge figures and references

Jörg Hagmann joerg.hagmann at unibas.ch
Mon May 9 14:07:01 CEST 2005

Dear list members,

My happiness about my first pdf-file was a bit premature. It worked
fine on my Mac at work (TeX and ConTeXt downloaded with Fink
commander). But on the two setups I'm using at home (TeXLive and
ConTeXt on Mac OS X; teTeX on Mandrakelinux 10.1 on a Powermac G4) the
exactly same two problems occur:

1. \inmarge figures can't be handled. Instead they appear in the text.
This is an example from the log file:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.35 \inmarge
              {\externalfigure[8pyruvate_lab]}
?
  <./FIGURES//8pyruvate_lab.pdf
Warning: pdfetex (file ./FIGURES//8pyruvate_lab.pdf): pdf inclusion:
Page Group
  detected which pdfTeX can't handle. Ignoring it.

figures        : dimensions of ./FIGURES//8pyruvate_lab.pdf loaded from
figuref
ile itself

2. The references don't work ("??"). Again, an example:

references     : unknown reference [][krebsbox]

Everything else (chapter numbering, textrule, figures, footnotes,
tables etc.) is working. Also, the test suggested in the texexec manual
("\framed") is working.

Since the tex file itself has not been changed, I suppose that
something is wrong with my setups at home. Thank you for any
suggestions.
Jörg.

PD Dr.med. Jörg Hagmann-Zanolari
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics