[NTG-context] Capitalized headings

Ville Voipio ville.voipio at kpatents.com
Tue May 3 18:56:19 CEST 2005

> However, this is a workaround, another way of attacking it (it can be
> better, too, stylistically, as you can change the font independently):
> \setuphead [title] [textcommand=\uppercase]

And that works, thanks!

---

The bad news is that now I have a lot more questions concerning the
heading formatting.

There are several parameters which can be used:

  style
  textstyle
  textcommand
  numberstyle
  numbercommand

This is how I understand those (please, correct me when I am wrong).
Let us assume we have a chapter heading saying "Chapter 1. Title"
in the following examples:

  style=\bf       -> {\bf Chapter 1.}{\bf Title}
  textstyle=\bf   -> {Chapter 1.}{\bf Title}
  numberstyle=\bf -> {\bf Chapter 1.}{\bf Title}

If I got it right this far, then I think I get these. The relevant
parts of the heading are prepended with the given commands (whatever
they then may be).

But this mechanism does work only with the commands which change the
style from that point onwards (e.g., \it, \tfx). What about the
commands which take the text as a parameter (such as \cap{text})?

And what are textcommand and numbercommand? I tried playing a bit
with them. For example, \it or \bf can be put either as textstyle=\it
or textcommand=\it. On the other hand, the \uppercase can be used
only with textstyle. So, there is a difference as the name suggests
(my initial guess was that the difference is exactly what I ask above,
but doesn't seem to be so).

Where on Earth is \uppercase explained? I tried looking for it in
the manual -- in vain. I found some references to \uppercased which
seems to be another beast.

Thank you for your patience. If the stuff is not explained in
other places, I can Wiki it once I understand it.

- Ville