[NTG-context] typing questions

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Apr 20 10:56:43 CEST 2005

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
> here a few questions about typing:
>
> - Is there a module for pretty-printing C-code?

None that I know of, if anybody has a solution, I am
interested myself as well

> - How could I change the tabulator-width?

   \chardef\spacespertab=1 % \t will now become *two* spaces,
                           % default is 7, making 8 spaces

> - First tab is only 7 spaces, the other 8, why?

Looks like a bug, try this patch:

   \def\doprocesstabskipline#1%
     {\bgroup
      \scratchcounter0 % TH: was \plusone
      \dodoprocesstabskipline#1\relax
      \egroup}

> - How could I embed ConTeXt macros?

   \setuptyping[option=commands] % enable commands

   \starttyping
   Here I would like to /BTEX \italic{some context-code} /ETEX
   \stoptyping

> - Where does the vertical space in \framed come from?

 From a bug in \startpacked. Sorry, I don't know how to fix
that without breaking other stuff.

Greetings,

Taco