[NTG-context] superior footnotes

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at lamar.colostate.edu
Sat Apr 16 19:08:59 CEST 2005

Dear posse,

1. With footnotes, is there yet a way to define the starting numeral-mark?
Say, I want my first footnote incremented so that the first notemark is , not
`1' then `2', but `1234' then `1235', etc.

2. I tried a workaround:

=======================
\defineconversion[set1234][1234]
\setupfootnotes [conversion=set 1234]
=======================

but a spurious numeral `1' gets typeset alongside the notemark. What am I
missing?

Finally, the ConTeXt footnote mechanism does not (afaik) take into account
superior numerals. We need a setup option, e.g.

\setupfootnotes [numeral=superior]%inferior, normal, with
% normal as default

to cut off the mechanism for automatically raising and reducing the size of
the numeral (\high I presume). Yes, there is the empty (text)command=<empty>
trick, but to use superior numerals all this should not be necessary.

Thnx as always
Idris