[NTG-context] new command question

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Tue Apr 5 19:38:32 CEST 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Instead of, say,
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-ugm]
> \usetypescript[URWGaramond]
> \setupbodyfont[urwgaramond,10pt]
>
> I would like to define a single command as follows, using the ConTeXt option
> method instead of \def{}{}{}:
>
> \globalbodyfont[type-ugm][URWGaramond][urwgaramond,10pt]
>
> I would like to learn how to do this. Thnx in advance for your help.

Hello Idris,
there are some good pages on the wiki about this subject.

I don't know, if the option method is the best way to realize your
\globalbodyfont command. I would do it as simple as this:
\def\globalbodyfont[#1][#2][#3]{%
  \usetypescriptfile[#1]
  \usetypescript[#2]
  \setupbodyfont[#3]}

I my opinion, the \globalbodyfont command is not that much better for the
end-user, than the other 3 commands. I would rather make an
environment-file:
\startenvironment e-garamond
\usetypescriptfile[type-ugm]
\usetypescript[URWGaramond]
\setupbodyfont[urwgaramond]
\stopenvironment
And then just "\environment e-garamond" in the document-file.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/