[NTG-context] How to cook Garamond

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Tue Apr 5 19:19:52 CEST 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> >texnansi-raw-ugmm8a GaramondNo8-Med "TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont"
> <texnansi.enc <ugmm8a.pfb
>
> I'm curious: how did you figure this out? Where does the "TeXnANSIEncoding
> ReEncodeFont" syntax come from? (Just trying to learn...)

There are a lot of lines in the file
/opt/teTeX/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map
on my system. I've just looked around and copied here and there some
fields to the Garamond-lines, just until dvips produced the right output.
I've got the right solution after about a dozen tries.
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/