[NTG-context] \newbibfield[help!] : Very quick question.

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Apr 1 08:25:49 CEST 2005

David Wooten wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> In working with the bib module, I've been trying to understand the
> addition of a field. There is a "\newbibfield" command, but it is not
> entirely clear where to declare it.

The normal place would be in the bibl-XXX style, because it depends
on that. But anywhere after \usemodule[bib], but before \starttext
should be fine. It didn't work because there is a huge (!) typo in the
current t-bib.tex. Right after loading the module, please add these
three lines to your source  (or patch the module itself)

   \def\newbibfield[#1]%
     {\simplebibdef{#1}%
      \edef\bibcommandlist{\bibcommandlist,#1}}

Greetings,

Taco