[NTG-context] Re: good-looking tables in context

Eckhart Guthöhrlein eckhart.guthoehrlein at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Mar 31 16:13:50 CEST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 at 22:38:15+0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> I sometimes do heavy tabulate typesetting. This is one of the last
> reasons using LaTeX for me.

Oh yes indeed. I think this is really the last thing where context is
inferior to latex. Well, not really inferior when considering
capabilities like those offered by natural tables. But concerning the
final output, yes. And unfortunately, tables are very important for my
next project.  When I think of a hundred-or-so-pages document with many
floats, using latex - I thought I would never have to go through this
again. And I simply can't imagine anymore living with things like
context's float placement, metapost tricks, hanging punctuation, great
support for crazy feature request, etc.
To be honest, I even thought of including latex tables as figures
generated from inline code...

--
Eckhart