[NTG-context] Going crazy with font conversion (macron)!

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Thu Mar 24 15:16:22 CET 2005

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

>  Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>  > BTW:
>  >
>  > Is there also a command to translate TFM (and VF) files to AFM or
>  > another human readable format and back again?
>
>  There exist the Knuthian programs tftopl (for tfm only) and
>  vftovp (for virtual fonts) that convert to 'property list'
>  format. The format is an ASCCI representation, but Whether or
>  not you think this is human readable depends on what kind of
>  human you are ;-)
>
>  Anyway, the commands should be part of your installation already.
>
>  Taco

The idea was to translate TFM (and VF?) in a readable format, and
back again, in order to be able of making little kerning adjustments:
When  the font is already Tex-installed and in use, but finally there
is one kerning pair that doesn't look good enough, I wanted to be
able to make this particular adjustment in the kerning table without
starting from AFM and going the whole conversion and installation way
again.

Steffen