[NTG-context] Repost: Two problems with my chapter quote setup (Modified by Gerben Wierda)

h h extern pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Mar 21 03:13:23 CET 2005

Gerben Wierda wrote:
> I forgot one part at the end. Here it is again.
>
> I've got this in my environment file:
>
> \def\ClearChapterQuote{\def\ChapterQuote{}}
> \ClearChapterQuote
> \def\ChQuoteFormat#1{\starttext%

                        ^^^^^^^^^^ no

>         \startalignment[left]%
>         \startnarrower[4*left] \noindent{\hyphenpenalty 10000\em #1}%
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ see below
>         \stopnarrower\stopalignment\stoptext\blank}

                                       ^^^^^^^^ no

> \setuphead[chapter]
>         [page=left,
>         before={\ChQuoteFormat{\ChapterQuote}\noheaderandfooterlines%
>                 \page[right]\blank[2*big]},
                               ^^^^^^ space at top is discarded, use [force,2*big]
>         after={\ClearChapterQuote\blank[3*big]}%
>                 \noheaderandfooterlines]
>
> I've got two problems with this setup:

a bit more readable (less code in key/val)

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [page=,
    before=\setups{chapter:before},
    after=\setups{chapter:after}]

\startsetups chapter:before

     \page[left]

     \noheaderandfooterlines

     \startalignment[left,nothyphenated]
         \startnarrower[4*left]
             \noindent \em \setups[chapter:quote]
         \stopnarrower
     \stopalignment

     \resetsetups[quote:text]

     \page[right]

     \noheaderandfooterlines

     \blank[force,2*big]

\stopsetups

\startsetups [chapter:after]

     \blank[3*big]

\stopsetups

\setupheadertexts[header]
\setupfootertexts[footer]
\starttext

\startsetups [chapter:quote]

For what can a man accomplish that has not been done
a million times before? What can he say that he will not
find in Lao-Tse or the Bhagavadgita or the Prophet Isaiah?

\stopsetups

\chapter{TEST}