[NTG-context] Re: Two problems with my chapter quote setup

h h extern pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Mar 21 02:46:03 CET 2005

Gerben Wierda wrote:
> On 20 Mar 2005, at 18:05, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>

>> [...]
>>
>>> http://mail.rna.nl/~gerben/problem-test.tar.gz
>>

>> I get only a blank page.
>

> If you open problem-test/products/prd_book.pdf from the archive you will
> see that on the page numbered 7 (the 9th page in the PDF file) there is
> text. At that stage the frontmatter ends and the first chapter should
> start. It should start with the quote on page 8 (without a page number)
> and the start of the chapter on page 9. But what actually happens is
> that 8 and 9 are empty pages with a page number and the quote is on page
> 10 and the chapter starts on 11.
>
> I suspect that \stopfrontmatter forces a page. Hans?

indeed

   \setupsectionblock [frontpart] [page=] % yes by default

the reason is that marks needs to be synchronized; if you add your own \page
command, make sure that you do it at the right moment

page changes are always a bit tricky esp since one wants header etc to be nicely
in sync as well; also,

\page <some node> \page

can introduce empty pages (tex related, not so much context)