[NTG-context] critical editions in context / arabtex

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Tue Mar 15 17:20:53 CET 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:30:38 +0100, Thomas A.Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> Thanks Hans, but it's primarily edmac that I'm interested in, not
> arabtex. Could the edmac macros just be part of a Context module?

I actually considered that. During my own pre-ConTeXt work I dived deep
into the EDMAC code and made changes so that I could do real 100%
right-to-left critical editions. EDMAC has its own OTR, however, which
makes it difficult to merely plug it in to ConTeXt or even LaTeX (though
there has been a recent port to LaTeX).

As soon as I finish my present book project this month (I'm really
behind-<) I'll be working on the critical edition business as well (I have
to finish a critical edition for Springer Verlag (formerly Kluwer) this
spring); maybe we can share notes and bother Hans together;-)

Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy