[NTG-context] Initial Font Installation Question (Mac)

David Wooten david.wooten at mac.com
Sat Mar 12 00:40:14 CET 2005

Greetings ConTeXters

I'm back to ask another question:
After an initial successful installation of the purchased fonts, I've
come to find that there is a serious quirk. That is, when I try to use
any special glyph, be it an accented character of any kind, or e.g. an
eth. The result of something like \"a (or \"{a}) is _a_ without the
diacritic. Curiously (to me, at least:), if I enter the actual glyph:
ä, it gives me the character I need…but only for a few runs! After
adding a couple more of such "alternative" glyphs, it starts to show
gibberish. Some trials evince an ff-ligature as the diacritic. Errors
in the mapping/virtual font/…?

Again I hope to save myself some time by asking to be pointed in the
right direction, as my initial searches haven't really helped.

Kind Regards,
David Wooten