[NTG-context] fundamental problem with headings

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Fri Mar 11 13:45:09 CET 2005

Adam Lindsay <atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk> wrote:

>  Steffen Wolfrum said this at Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:33:13 +0100:
>
>  >In fact, this is something I would like to have also for other
>  >purposes (for example to use a second set of oldstyle figures):
>  >defining my own *myserif* or *mysans* that could be used then in a
>  >typescriptfile the same way as sans, serif and mono are used there.
>  >
>  >But up to now I didn't manage it.
>  >
>  >Somebody did and would like to share his/her knowledge?
>
>  Okay, thanks for clarifying.
>
>  You might like to take a look at the typescripts in the OpenType.zip file
>  at <http://homepage.mac.com/atl/tex/>. I defined full myserif/mysans
>  families (I called them romancaps and capsans) to stand next to the serif
>  and sans families (same font, different features). There are also a
>  couple convenience macros in there to help switch between the two.
>
>  Is that the sort of thing you're looking for? There's nothing inherently
>  SmallCaps (or OpenType) about the fundamental typescripts--that's just
>  the first testing ground I found.

I had a look at your file but I think my point is different:

You still use only the predefined serif, sans etc.
\usetypescript[serif]...
\usetypescript[sans]...
\usetypescript[math]...

but I would like to use also
\usetypescript[myserif]...
and the corresponding \myrm (next to \tt and \ss).

I don't know Hans' texnical term for serif, sans, mono, math etc. is
(as used above).

Steffen