[NTG-context] Re: [OS X TeX] TeX run : 8

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Wed Mar 2 12:04:13 CET 2005

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

>  just post to the context list what you want to achieve with that
>and i will look
>  into it (minimal example and such)
>
>  so, nothing for gerben to worry about since it's not related to the mac, but
>  more to trickery -)
>
>  Hans

After playing a bit with minimal examples I think the "bug" has to do
with the project structure. Here comes a very minimal example that
*still* runs 8 times under Mac (2 times under Win)! Why?

Given a main TEST.tex file and besides that a PARTS folder containing
the files ONE.tex and TWO.tex :

TEST.tex
\startproject TEST
\startfrontmatter
\component PARTS/ONE.tex
\component PARTS/TWO.tex
\stopfrontmatter
\stopproject

ONE.tex
\startcomponent ONE
text
\stopcomponent

TWO.tex
\startcomponent TWO
text
\stopcomponent

The Mac output (plus the Win output) were unfortunately bounced back -
Message body is too big: 59628 bytes with a limit of 40 KB.

But if someone is interested I can send it privately.

Steffen