[NTG-context] languages

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Feb 25 11:04:05 CET 2005

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> How can I try it (hyphenation)? I did
>
> \enableregime[utf]
> \mainlanguage[sl]
> \starttext
> Železničar
> \showhyphens{Železničar}
> \showhyphens{zeleznicar}
> \showhyphens{mojca pokrajculja}
> \stoptext

can you send me a zip with that test file? my mailer cq. cut/paste messes up the
encoding

keep in mind that utf is an input encoding regime, while hyphenation is based on
font encodings; in principle each font encoding that has all chars needed for a
language can be used, but the patterns need to be loaded

also, the name of the pattern files for slovenian have changes (si vs sl), which
is one of the reasons for context going to ship its own pattern files