[NTG-context] Initial Font Installation Question (Mac)

Thomas A.Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon Feb 21 10:01:50 CET 2005

Just a quick reply:

having the afm is already very good. The file without an extension
looks suspiciously like a Mac font resource. Can you try running the
utility "fondu" on it (from the command line)? That will usually
produce the pfbs (very likely, there's more than one: roman, italics,
bold ...). Texfont, btw, can equally well work with truetype fonts, so
if you have a proper tryetype font with extension .ttf. you might as
well use this. texfont will produce a map entry that you will have to
modify a bit (so it points to a .ttf instead of the default .pfb), but
that's not too difficult. As to names: don't bother, ConTeXt is happy
with whatever name you throw at it.

HTH

Thomas