[NTG-context] Initial Font Installation Question (Mac)

David Wooten david.wooten at mac.com
Mon Feb 21 01:58:50 CET 2005

Greetings all,

I've been having a lot of fun struggling with the installation of a
newly purchased font, and wanted to double check a preliminary question
before I give in and ask a more thorough question ;)

I'm working with Mac OS X, so I bought a font-set with both Mac TTF and
Postscript files. The Postscript folders have 2 types of file for each
fontname: .afm and another without a suffix. The names also have
uppercase letters, such as AndulBooBol (a.k.a. Andulka Book Bold).

For the texfont script, it apparently needs the .afm files and .pfb
files. Thus:

1) Are these non-suffixed files the .pfb files in question? If so,
should I rename (add .pfb to) them before trying to install them? (I
could convert the TTF files to .pfb?)

2) Should I take away the UpperCaseLettering as well? Rename them to
something more Berry-like?

In fact, I've tried these things with no success, but before I spell
out the details of my failure I thought I would get this straight.

Kind regards,
David Wooten