[NTG-context] Unconventional page number placement

Adam Lindsay atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 21:14:31 CET 2005

Hi Matt.

I don't have a total solution, but I think you were much closer than you

Matt Gushee said this at Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:40:22 -0700:

>   * Use negative dimensions to cause the header and footer to overlap
>     the text area, e.g.:
>      \setuplayout [...,headerdistance=-0.35in,footerdistance=-0.5in]
>As I said, this comes very close to the desired effect, but it seems
>impossible to correctly align the header text and page numbers with the
>main text.

How about this:

You had it pretty much right, you just need to make sure that the text
blocks reach the bottom, a la the grid or \setupalign[line] stuff on the
list these past weeks.

Actually, at first, I thought this was a job for texttexts (weird, yeah,
but in the manual...), but I have not idea how to move those up and down,
where you want them.

And that rightedge block isn't really relevant here, but it looks nice on
the page. :)

 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl at comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492