[NTG-context] AntykwaTorunska fonts: how to use ?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Feb 17 10:05:05 CET 2005

VnPenguin wrote:
> Hi all,
> Until now, following the guide at http://contextgarden.net/Vietnamese
> I can use vietnamese UTF-8:
> \enableregime[utf]
> \setupencoding[default=t5]
> \usetypescript[palatino][t5]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]
> \starttext
> Vietnamese UTF8 text here
>
> Just found that the font AntykwaTorunska has also t5 enc (vietnamese
> support confirmed by font's author too): in file
> map/dvips/antt/t5-antt.map I see:
>
> t5-anttb AntykwaTorunska-Bold "enct5-antt ReEncodeFont" <t5-antt.enc <anttb.pfb
> t5-anttl AntykwaTorunskaLigh-Regular "enct5-antt ReEncodeFont"
> <t5-antt.enc <anttl.pfb
> t5-anttm AntykwaTorunskaMed-Regular "enct5-antt ReEncodeFont"
> <t5-antt.enc <anttm.pfb
> t5-anttr AntykwaTorunska-Regular "enct5-antt ReEncodeFont"
> <t5-antt.enc <anttr.pfb
>
> But unfortunately I don't know how to use it ? I have a look at
> mfonts.pdf but this document is too "technical" for a ConTeXt's newbie
> like me :)
>
> Anyone could give me some help to use AntykwaTorunska fonts with t5
> encoding please.

just add t5 to: (in type-enc)

\starttypescript [serif]
[antykwa-torunska,antykwa-torunska-light,antykwa-torunska-cond,antykwa-torunska-lightcond]
[texnansi,qx,t5,t2a,t2b,t2c]

\starttypescript [serif]
[antykwa-torunska,antykwa-torunska-light,antykwa-torunska-cond,antykwa-torunska-lightcond]
[texnansi,qx,t5]

and the following should work:

\definetypeface[TestA][rm][serif][antykwa-torunska]           [default][encoding=t5]
\definetypeface[TestB][rm][serif][antykwa-torunska-light]     [default][encoding=t5]
\definetypeface[TestC][rm][serif][antykwa-torunska-cond]      [default][encoding=t5]
\definetypeface[TestD][rm][serif][antykwa-torunska-lightcond] [default][encoding=t5]

\setupbodyfont[TestA] \mainlanguage[vn]

\startbuffer
\labeltext {sunday} --
\labeltext {monday} --
\labeltext {tuesday} --
\labeltext {wednesday} --
\labeltext {thursday} --
\labeltext {friday} --
\labeltext {saturday}
\stopbuffer

\starttext

\startTEXpage[offset=10pt] \setupalign[middle]

{antikwa torunska: \TestA \getbuffer}\blank
{antikwa torunska light: \TestB \getbuffer}\blank
{antikwa torunska condensed: \TestC \getbuffer}\blank
{antikwa torunska light condensed: \TestD \getbuffer}

\stopTEXpage

\stoptext

(of course you need the latest antykwa fonts)