[NTG-context] can I upgrade yet?

Gary pajer at iname.com
Tue Jan 11 15:20:19 CET 2005

Some months ago I stopped upgrading ConTeXt.  Here and there I saw
references to new file hierarchies, and something about installation
scripts ... if I remember correctly.   I didn't want to break my system,
so I just stopped upgrading, and stopped reading those messages (which I
didn't understand, anyway).

I'm currently using MikTeX.

1.)  Concerning file hierarchy:  did something monumental indeed ocurr
that I ignored?

2.) If so, is it safe to upgrade?

3.) Is there some other way besides my traditional method of unzipping
cont-tmf.zip file into /localtexmf ?  Do I need to rebuild the file system?

4.) Have I misinterpreted, and nothing much has changed?

Sorry about this.  I really want to avoid getting my system into some
strange state, and spending hours unraveling the mystery.  Done that too
many times in my life.

-gary