[NTG-context] next version

h h extern pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 9 21:19:10 CET 2005

Adam Lindsay wrote:

> Okay, here's a question: what's the plan for ec-lmr*.tfm files?

indeed a problem, i will provide an extra a typescript that maps the ec-lm*
files onto cork-lm-*; in addition to that i will ship copies of ec-lm* as well
as il2-lm* and pl0-lm* [or maybe polish can move to qx-lm*]; given that context
is the only system using the encoding-name scheme, and since i have lots of ec-*
files around, i see no reason to change ec-* to cork-*

[an option is to have something \ec that expands to ec or cork but i dislike that]

> Your latin-modern typescripts accept ec, but the tfm files are called cork.
> (I'm only wondering about this now for antt support.)

for the ant, use ec- since that's what texfont provides

> I know of two approaches. Which would you recommend?
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [antykwa-torunska] [texnansi,qx,ec]
>   \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Bold]
>           [\typescriptthree-anttb]     [encoding=\typescriptthree]
> \stoptypescript

easier and faster

> \starttypescript [serif] [antykwa-torunska] [ec]
>   \definefontsynonym [ec-anttb] [cork-anttb]
> \stoptypescript
>
> % or...
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [antykwa-torunska] [texnansi,qx]
>   \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Bold]
>           [\typescriptthree-anttb]     [encoding=\typescriptthree]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [antykwa-torunska] [ec]
>   \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Bold][cork-anttb][encoding=ec]
> \stoptypescript

slower, the less typescripts we have ... same for lm fonts, the less the better