[NTG-context] m-letter.tex (first page, input file)

Rob Ermers r.ermers at hccnet.nl
Sat Jan 8 11:23:40 CET 2005

Dear friends,

My attempts to customize my letter have yielded some results.
I still have two problems and questions that keep troubling me.

- If I use the following method to include an external document, it does
place the desired text:
\startsetups[letter:content]
\input brieftekst
\stopsetups

However, any backslash, such as (in Dutch) ge\"interesseerd and
effici\"ent, is converted into something else, e.g. ge“”interesseerde,
eci“”–e˝nt.

If I use the construction with startbuffer, as presented in the
correspondence manual, the external document is not included at all, the
backslash in \input being converted to “ immediately.
(\startbuffer[texletter] \input brieftekst \stopbuffer
yields
“input brieftekst)

I am really puzzled by this.

- My second question is how to make a second page that is different from
the first, by means of pdf graphics. There are several possibilities:

1. page 1 contains graphic A + B, page 2-... contains graphic A
2. page 1 contains graphic A, page 2-... contains graphic C.

The module contains the items letternext, lettermain, that may be
related to this problem, but I cannot figure out how they are used.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

Kind regards,

Robert Ermers