[NTG-context] ConTeXt tool for enabling comments in PDF ?

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Wed Jan 5 13:32:06 CET 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:

>you can read comments in the reader, but not add them; but you can use tex
>to add them and the reader will recognize them

Hope I'm not misrepresenting anyone here, but I think the utility of this function for [Con|La]TeX[t] users is not so much in being able to add comments oneself in the input file(s) (though this has its uses), but in being able to send a draft PDF to non-TeX-savvy co-authors +/or editors and giving them (more or less) free reign to add their comments to it, if possible w/o completely destroying any security. (I'm currently having to generate RTF or "Word HTML" drafts for such purposes.)

mark.