[MetaTeX] libmpost status update and feature question

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Aug 6 12:06:30 CEST 2004

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:36:47 +0200, Hans wrote:

> Hi Taco
>
> >For the moment, I intend to move the preprocessing to MetaMP proper.
> >No interface needed, and no external libarary (not yet, anyway).
> >

> how about providing a few so files, so that we can use perl/ruby ...
>
> it's quite easy to make such libraries with swig

I'm lost a bit. What do you want to use perl/ruby for and, what do you need an so
library for? To carry out the btex...etex replacements, there is no reason for a
library interface: mpx handling is a lot like troff's 'pic' and 'tbl' preprocessors,
or cpp's macro handling.

libMPost does not need a plug-in, because mpx handling removes the "btex",
"verbatimtex","etex" and "mpxbreak" commands completely, and it can therefore
simply pretend that the commands didn't exist in the first place.

--
groeten,

Taco