[MetaTeX] Metatex info

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Aug 6 09:48:30 CEST 2004

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:58:16 +0200, Bart wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 10:29, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
> > project maintenance:
> > -----------------------
> > - Sarovar projects have to be requested for CXTeX, TeXtool, TeXmake and TeXFS.
> >   http://www.sarovar.org (It is probably best when I do that.)
> >
> > - The current cxtex-0.51.tar.gz sources wil need to be split into 3 component
> >    parts: libXTeX, libtextool (was texutil), and libtexmake (that's current texexec).
>
> Are these 3 projects already requested ?

No, not yet.  I will probably do so later today (more or less because you asked),
I am still working on libMPost when I am not enjoying the summer.

> I see 3 different directories in cxtex-0.51 :
> cpdfetex, texk and texutil.

texk = kpathsea, texutil contains both TeXutil and TeXexec.
The scripts share code which is why they are in the same subdirectory.

> Is it the intension to change also the name of for example texexec.

Yes, current texexec's core functionality will become part of TeXMake
and it's commandline will be handled by the final metatex executable.

> I have also a comment about the naming of the different filenames in
> libmpost, proably this is a result of the generation of those files from
> the pascal source, but it is not clear what the purpose of the functions
> in a source file is. For maintenance lateron, it is better to choose
> relevant names.

I am confused. What about the names do you consider irrelevant or unclear?
The names are created from the CWEB Section names. It makes sense
to remove the numeric part of the name before the public release, but besides
that, I consider the names were quite clear.

> If the new projects are added, maybe you can check to cvs.gnome.org,
> there are several  projects that have a correct layout of a development
> tree.

What is 'correct'  ?

--
groeten,