[MetaTeX] How to Bootstrap MetaTeX

Bart Vanherck herckb at pandora.be
Thu Aug 5 19:05:53 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 09:54, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> > I was not able to compile texexec and texutil (version 0.51).  The problem is
> > that standard C does not allow variable declarations to be placed anywhere in
> > a function (they must be all the way at the top of the function (or block).
> > I started moving all the declarations to the top of the functions, but I am
> > not done with them yet.

Is there not a flag for the compiler to have only standard c ?
For gcc there is a flag -ansi.
According the man page
<quote>
-ansi
   In C mode, support all ISO C90 programs.
This turns off certain features of GCC that are incompatible with
ISO C90 (when compiling C code), or of standard C++ (when compiling
C++ code), such as the "asm" and "typeof" keywords, and predefined
macros such as "unix" and "vax" that identify the type of system
you are using.  It also enables the undesirable and rarely used ISO
trigraph feature.  For the C compiler, it disables recognition of
C++ style // comments as well as the "inline" keyword.
</quote>

I do not know yet if this als is true for inline declarations.

regards,
Bart