[MetaTeX] libmpost build environment

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Aug 3 10:45:14 CEST 2004

Hi Bart,

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:04:30 +0200, Bart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded libmpost via cvs and have found some missing files in the
> build invironment I assume : an autogen.sh file. This file should make
> all the other missing files, like makefile and configure.

This is the difference between automake 1.4 and automake 1.8, I still
use the old one. I have a 'traditional' bootstrap script (in devel/config)
that runs the whole suite of auto-tools.

I use an old gcc release for compiling libMPost as well. There are a
lot of installations out there that do not have the newer versions. This
became quite clear the other day with Salman was not able to compile
texutil and texexec.

> During generation of the Makefiles following warnings are generated :
> Indeed in libmpost/Makefile.am it is better to use AM_CFLAGS.

Would you by any chance know how to disable -O2 in that case?

I don't like optimization during debugging because it confuses gdb and
slows down compilation. Forcing CFLAGS is the only way to make
sure that -O2 doesn't appear in the compile command (that I could find).

--
groeten,

Taco