[Dev-luatex] Feature request: busy pdf

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 8 09:39:06 CEST 2022

On 4/8/2022 9:22 AM, Jérôme LAURENS wrote:
> I see.
>
> This should be documented properly, thus I should not have wasted my time and yours.
hm, we cannot come up with all possible examples of usage (running on a
different is a comparable topic that has come up but is not for the
engine to handle) ; lua is documented well (arg) and callbacks are
mentioned in the luatex manual so that's where it ends for us and where
imagination of the user begins;

there have been plenty of (progress, development, usage) articles and
presentations over the dev period and beyond and we don't see it as our
  task to come up with possible (generic) solutions for everything

in principle we are only responsible for usage in context and
discussions about solution for that happen on other mailing lists

fixing bugs is of course another matter and gets our attention but here
also the tex live release schedule nowaways determines when somethign
gets done