[Dev-luatex] Synctex bug

Michael Klooss michael.klooss at kit.edu
Tue Oct 19 14:06:21 CEST 2021

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to report lualatex bugs.
The lualatex ecosystem seems to have a synctex bug which has been
resolved in pdflatex and xelatex some time ago.
The problem is, that inverse search sometimes goes to the wrong file.
The trigger seems to be the TikZ library shadows.
An example and further references (detailing the bug) are below.

Best,
Michael

% From https://sourceforge.net/p/pgf/bugs/333/
% See also https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2017-March/039781.html
% See also
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/300079/goto-source-opens-pgflibraryfadings-code-tex
% The stackexchange ^ contains a workaround. I haven't tried it yet.
% The problem only occurs with lualatex. pdflatex and xelatex work fine.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tikz}
\usetikzlibrary{shadows}
\begin{document}