[Dev-luatex] keeping in sync with pdftex changes

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 12 15:51:32 CET 2021

On 1/12/2021 3:07 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:59:55 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> It will be:
>>
>> \protected\def\pdfrunninglinkoff{\pdfextension linkstate 1 }
>> \protected\def\pdfrunninglinkon {\pdfextension linkstate 0 }
>
> Sounds good. How can one test if the extension is there? Do one has
> to test against the luatex version or is there something like a
> \ifdefinedextension test?

When Luigi has pushed the code in svn the development_id will be bumped
so you can check a test version with:

status.development_id

which currently is 7395. That is the most detailed info the engine
provides (and i normally use that one when I need to adapt).

Or you can do something:

\ifnum\directlua{tex.print(node.whatsits()[32] == "pdf_link_state" and 1
or 0)}=1
     YES
\else
     NOP
\fi
Or whatever suits your system best.
It's no big deal to wrap that lua call in a macro. Then, when there is a
new release ypou can use the version number. We don't bump version
numbers unless we release. The next bump will quite likely be the next
texlive release.