[Dev-luatex] keeping in sync with pdftex changes

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jan 11 20:08:56 CET 2021

Am Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:11:16 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> After updating pdftex i tested that feature (somewhat stupid example as
> we don't use this link command in context):

How do you make breakable links then?

> so, this flag is somewhat unpredictable in the sense that it influences
> the next box at the upper level and has no effect in the middle or
> preceding (either or not migrated) boxes inside the setting.

Well yes ;-) when I tested this for the headers and footers in latex
it took me some time to get it right, so it is not something for the
casual user but should be used with care.

Btw: we naturally take also other solutions. Some attribute or
similar would be fine too. The main point is to have something that
allows to disable linking of header and footer and doesn't rely on
the box level, which we can't control there.

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/