[Dev-luatex] keeping in sync with pdftex changes

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jan 11 16:15:25 CET 2021

Am Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:01:09 +0100 schrieb luigi scarso:

> I don't like the idea that something wrong now suddenly becomes right ---

Well I never understood why this is a fatal error.  Why does pdftex
or luatex care in my example about the boxing level? The worst that
can happen is that pdftex calculates a wrong link area, so a warning
makes sense. But the pdf is valid and there is imho (like with
duplicated or missing destination names) no real reason to stop
alltogether.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/