[Dev-luatex] lastnodetype, again

Robert w.m.l at gmx.net
Thu Aug 19 17:00:42 CEST 2021

Hans has replied off-list, saying that this is basically expected
behaviour and that checking for ligatures by means of \lastnodetype is
inherently unreliable in luatex. In that case I would suggest to change
the wording in the manual, which quite unequivocally claims the opposite:

| The \lastnodetype primitive is 𝜀-TEX compliant. The valid range is
| still [−1, 15] and glyph nodes (formerly known as char nodes) have
| number 0 while ligature nodes are mapped to 7. That way macro packages
| can use the same symbolic names as in traditional 𝜀-TEX.
(p.123)

Best,
--
  Robert