[Dev-luatex] LuaTeX 1.10.0 cannot embed properly PDFs with 4-bit images

L. E. Segovia amy at amyspark.me
Wed Dec 4 03:31:22 CET 2019

Hello,

I would like to report that since TeX Live 2019, LuaTeX is unable to
embed properly a certain type of image I have.
These sort of images are embedded in the PDFs generated by the tool
"Comprobantes en línea" of Argentina's IRS (Administración Federal de
Ingresos Públicos, https://www.afip.gob.ar).

This is an example:
https://comunadealvear.gob.ar/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/30710518803_01_0002_00000009.pdf
(or just search online for the string "Esta Administración Federal no se
responsabiliza por los datos ingresados en el detalle de la operación").

Embed this file using the following snippet:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{luatex85}
\usepackage{incgraph}

\begin{document}
\incgraph{30710518803_01_0002_00000009.pdf}
\end{document}

Where the white-and-grey AFIP logo appears in the original, LuaTeX
instead embeds a grey-on-grey image, probably by messing with the alpha
channel.

I have consistently reproduced this on every update since the 2019
release. XeLaTeX and pdfTeX do not have this issue.

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance. I hope I've posted to
the right mailing list.

Best regards,

Leonardo

--