[Dev-luatex] nodelist based tex.saveboxresource

Marcel Kr├╝ger tex at 2krueger.de
Fri Aug 17 12:11:06 CEST 2018

 ---- On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 10:03:13 +0200 Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> wrote ----
 > last night i came to the conclusion that the only feasible plug is in
 > the construction of a compound glyph but then we also need to provide it
 > as helper function i.e. it is more a font related thing than math
 > related (even if it gets triggered by a delimiter

This sounds similar to my last approach. If you can select using Lua
or the builtin functionality on a per-glyph or even per-font basis,
the helper should not be that important, even if  providing it might
be useful anyway.

 > > delimiters. It a hack which probably fails completely if you try dumping
 > > the font during format generation and it does some mostly untested
 > > and improvised reference counting, but for easy cases it seems to
 > > work quite reliable.
 >
 > best forget about dumping that kind of font stuff .. lua states are not
 > dumped and anything lua related to fonts neither ...

This was more about printing an error if someone tries it instead  of
dumping a font which calls random code whenever a delimiter is used...

Marcel