[Dev-luatex] nodelist based tex.saveboxresource

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 17 10:03:13 CEST 2018

On 8/16/2018 9:08 PM, Marcel Kr├╝ger wrote:
>   ---- On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 20:19:16 +0200 Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> wrote ----
>   > Hi,
>   >
>   > btw, you probably noticed that mlist_to_hlist is called recursively so
>   > you might use that fact
>
> I had some experiments in this area but it is quite hard to avoid side effects
> here. Anyway it seems to be the most promising way.
> Related to this: Strict reading of the manual would imply that node.mlist_to_hlist
> only accepts 'display' or 'text' as style parameter. While you could emulate
> everything else by adding style nodes, the implementation accepts other styles too
> and it seemed to make sense to pass the specific style directly.
> Is this officially supported?

sure as it is used recursively for all styles

> Just in case you are interested in my code I attached a patch
> I am currently experimenting with which moves this completely into the font
> and triggers it in `get_delim_box` to avoid interference for "easy"

last night i came to the conclusion that the only feasible plug is in
the construction of a compound glyph but then we also need to provide it
as helper function i.e. it is more a font related thing than math
related (even if it gets triggered by a delimiter

> delimiters. It a hack which probably fails completely if you try dumping
> the font during format generation and it does some mostly untested
> and improvised reference counting, but for easy cases it seems to
> work quite reliable.

best forget about dumping that kind of font stuff .. lua states are not
dumped and anything lua related to fonts neither ...