[Dev-luatex] Varying behaviour for ligatures

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Sep 5 16:34:47 CEST 2016

On 9/5/2016 4:23 PM, Lars Hamren wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> i can't replicate this
>
> This is a log answer, so please bear with me.
>
> Bizarrely, I couldn't either, at first. I ran the same .tex file
> 100 times, and got the same result. Not good for my self-confidence.

maybe some old font cache?

> From line 4 we see that it is possible to run 487 tests to completion,
> and only get a single error.
> (There are 13 files that consistently do not generate any output)

sure, there can be a few fatal ones, for instance there's a pending bug
in one of the mp number modes that will be fixed in the engine

> This may explain why you could not replicate the error. Try running
> the same file lots of times.
>
> The different number of diff files (486 vs 487) is because of
> epdf/merge-002.pdf,
> which depends on epdf/merge-001.pdf, which is sometimes there, sometimes
> not,
> depending on make order.

ok (i normally run these things sorted)

also, some files are environments so they give no pdf output (you can
compare the tuc files for changes)

some files use randomized examples

> Running make -j6 is not a problem, something that I suspected
> after my initial failure to replicate the error.
>
>> (you can send me a test off-list)
>
> Do you want some of my log files, or the Makefiles I use to run the tests?
> (The complete set of log files are way beyond my 1 Mbit upload speed.)

i have a script for it so the most i need to know is what files are
problematic .. if this ligature issue is there it might relate to an
unordered hash traversal (normally that should be no problem)