[Dev-luatex] Testing luatex using the Context test suite

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Sep 2 09:15:09 CEST 2016

On 9/1/2016 9:58 PM, Lars Hamren wrote:
> [...]
> has no name!
>     fonts/lucida-001.tex           ! error:  (font): lua-loaded font '1'
> has no name!
>     fonts/show-001.tex             ! error:  (font): lua-loaded font '1'
> has no name!
>     fonts/compose-001.tex          ! error:  (font): lua-loaded font '5'
> has no name!
>
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>     graphics/images-002.tex        luatex warning  > pdf backend:
> internal error: ignoring unknown image type
>
>     math/stylealternatives-001.tex tex error       > tex error on line
> 14 in file math/stylealternatives-001.tex: ! \textfont0 is undefined
> (character 63)
>     math/scripts-001.tex           tex error       > tex error on line
> 14 in file math/scripts-001.tex:           ! \textfont0 is undefined
> (character 63)
>     math/collapse-001.tex          tex error       > tex error on line
> 7 in file math/collapse-001.tex:          ! \textfont0 is undefined
> (character 63)
>     math/opentype-001.tex          tex error       > tex error on line
> 8 in file math/opentype-001.tex:          ! Math error: parameter
> \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set
>     math/symbols-002.tex           tex error       > tex error on line
> 6 in file math/symbols-002.tex:           ! \textfont0 is undefined
> (character 63)
>     math/minion-001.tex            tex error       > tex error on line
> 11 in file math/minion-001.tex:            ! \textfont0 is undefined
> (character 63)
>     math/mappings-001.tex          tex error       > tex error on line
> 1 in file virtual://buffer.sample.2:      ! \textfont0 is undefined
> (character 63)
>     fonts/alternates-001.tex       tex error       > tex error on line
> 7 in file fonts/alternates-001.tex:       ! Font
> \0=file:scheherazade-regular.ttf:mode=base;script=arab;salt=0 at 10pt
> not loadable: metric data not found or bad
>     fonts/extensions-005.tex       tex error       > tex error on line
> 24 in file fonts/extensions-005.tex:       ! Font
> \foo=name:vollkorn:mode=node;kern=yes;liga=yes; not loadable: metric

Yes ... only free fonts are in the distribution (e.g. there are tests
with cambria and lucidat that are likely to fail to unless some fallback
math font kicks in but some files are doing more dorect magic).

> Is compiling each of the .tex file the right way to use the test suite?

Normally some 10-20 will fail due to fonts not on your system (or
special fonts).

> I also tried with TeX Live 2016, but that gave roughly twice as many
> errors.

Those probably use new functionality.

> For testing I used unmodified distributions, with the original luatex
> binaries.

That's ok, the latest greatest context garden version is the reference.