[Dev-luatex] luajit memory limit

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Oct 1 22:15:33 CEST 2016

Hi,
first of all, thank you very much for LuaTeX Version 1.0.

However, when I load a complete file into memory

---- testmen.lua -----------------
  local file=arg[1]

  fd=io.open(file, "r")
  local t = fd:read("*a")
  fd:close()
----------------------------------

I get

  $ texlua testmem.lua f_256MiB
  $ luajittex --luaonly testmem.lua f_256MiB
  $ texlua testmem.lua f_512MiB
  $ luajittex --luaonly testmem.lua f_512MiB
  not enough memory

It seems that luajit limits the size of a file being read for some
reason.  I'm puzzled because I do not see any relationship between

Is it possible to increase this limit, at least?  It would be nice if
everything which can be done with luatex could be done with luajittex
as well.

Regards,
  Reinhard

P.S.: Creation of test files (content doesn't matter):

  dd if=/dev/zero of=./f_256MiB bs=1048576 count=256
  dd if=/dev/zero of=./f_512MiB bs=1048576 count=512

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de