[Dev-luatex] Reproducible builds using luatex

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu May 5 15:13:56 CEST 2016

> (in luatex one can omit a lot of these time dependent entries anyway
> and if needed we provide more turning options as then the macro
> package can provide the right solutions / option)

Indeed, and I use them already for my own testing environment for
TeX Live (in the work via l3build since BachoTeX) - thank Hans
for telling me the details.

Yes, I am aware that with an embedded interpreter getting guaranteed
reproducability is not necessarily possible. This is also not
what I want/need.

Of course there are also plain tx documents that are not reproducibly
buildable, because hey do some strange things (write18 calls to
some other program or so). But we are talking here about the majority
of documents.

The remaining ones, that are special, need to be always treated specially.

But I am sure you can come up with a good even more general solution!

Thanks

Norbert
(slowly falling apart after 36++h travel from BachoTeX ;-)