[Dev-luatex] Reproducible builds using luatex

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Thu May 5 07:42:19 CEST 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 5:01 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Hi Luigi,
>
> > The source code now is almost frozen, so it's unlikely (but not
> impossible)
> > that we can apply the patches
>
> Similar patches were included in pdftex and and xetex (via the shared
> code), as well as xdvipdfmx and dvips in the last 3 days or so in the
> TeX Live repository.
>
> There is no urgent need, though. If it is not in this release, I will
> include the respective patches in the Debian builds, only.

Ok.

We (Hans and me) are still discussing about these patches, there are prons
and cons;
luatex is different from pdftex & xetex and these are not patches on the
TeX core.
Probably we will exchange some private emails on this just after 0.95.0,
when we will return on the experimental branch.

As personal note, it's a pity that we will have  luatex/Debian !=
luatex/TeXLive,
given that we try to be OS aware as much as possible.

--
luigi