[Dev-luatex] determining if a macro is used on document level

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Wed Nov 4 12:13:39 CET 2015

Hi there,

is there a way to determine if a macro is used on document level (in
contrast of being hidden in the expansion text of some other macro)?

One way that I think this could be determined is looking at the current
input_stack level (which would be 1 (or 2?) inside the expansion of that
macro) however while you can get at the current max stack level via
status.max_in_stack I don't see any exposure of the current stack level
(as a read only value). Am I missing something?

Can you see any other way to determine that a macro is really used on
document/file level?

frank