[Dev-luatex] getnext et al.

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed May 7 21:58:51 CEST 2014

On 5/7/2014 9:30 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> ···<date: 2014-05-07, Wednesday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···
>
>> On 5/7/2014 8:24 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
>>> ···<date: 2014-05-07, Wednesday>···<from: luigi scarso>···

>>> Thanks a lot for the slides, that’s a fascinating topic.
>>
>> Here are mine:
>>
>> http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2014-pl/presentations/bachotex-2014-luatex.pdf
>>
>> http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2014-pl/presentations/bachotex-2014-metapost.pdf
>
> Weird, Okular (v. 4.13.0) doesn’t display the text in those.
> Here’s a comparison with mupdf (1.4):
>
>      http://i.imgur.com/a0A22Vm.png
>      http://i.imgur.com/OPY4Xwr.png
>
> Whatever PDF magic you worked into there, I hope it didn’t ruin
> the talk =)

Nothing wrong with SumatraPDF (which I used). I'll redo them with even
less stuff.

>> you might like the second one -)
>
> Does that mean what I think it means? That we can feed arbitrary

yes (but only in luatex after the code freeze but it might be on the
contextgarden 0.79.* pretty soon and in 0.80 around the context conference)

> Lua code into MP (as strings) and, conversely, grab MP values

yes

> from Lua? Also, in lmplib.w, the key “run_script” is exported but

only some basic types

> not “script_runner” as the slides claim -- which one should I
> trust? Anyways, since I’m not too familiar with MP internals this

could be ... I'll check it

> is going to take me some time to digest.

never too late to learn ... plenty of mp on the context mailing list
(and archives)